1. If treasure is that which you fear losing or being taken from you (in contrast to giving away), what do you treasure, including non-external goods, e.g. your reputation?
2. How does “laying up treasure in heaven” differ from earning your salvation?
3. When, in your thinking, is “in heaven”? How is “in heaven” right now?
4. What did Jesus treasure? How does that relate to the “easy yoke and the light burden”? Do you see that as a life of abundance?
5. If our heart gives orientation to everything we do, how are our treasure and heart related?
6. How and why do we use a flashlight? What makes a flashlight good? What makes our eyes good in this teaching of Jesus?
7. Contrast “can/cannot” with “may/may not” with reference to verse 24.
Sat, April 30, 2011
by Myron Mizell